Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Monday, December 04, 2006

Swinging Pendulum to match little headaches and heartaches

The term is coming to a close. I think next Friday is the last official day, but maybe I'm jumping the gun. In any event, I haven't felt this worn out since late Spring semester Junior Year, when I went home a week before I was originally planning (an action that cost me seeing a production of Schoenberg's Pierrot Lunaire, and seeing many of my closer friends walk the stage.) However, this time I'm not going home.

The most incredible thing is the sheer difference in respective workloads. Junior year I was horrendously busy, here I have nothing required. Yet somehow I can still feel a burden weighing down on my shoulders.

Part of the answer lies in the sun. I never thought I would be a victim of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), but I must say it extremely difficult to work in the evening, or the feel the weight of the heart after a practice that concludes at 4:30, only to find outside enveloped in blackness.

The next post will be happier and divulge current plans for Christmas!

//End of Post//

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home