Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Congrats UK

...for receiving the Nobel Prize in Literature two times in the past three years!

This year, the honour goes to Doris Lessing; as with Orhan Pamuk (last year's recipient), I look forward to discovering her work (eventually, I hope my knowledge of contemporary literature will be sufficient for me to wager and predict the winner). Pinter, the winner in 2005, I am already familiar (kudos to Connor for assigning a play - I forget which one - during work on Gothic Funk Project No. 1).

In other, relatively connected news, a judge over here has criticised "An Inconvenient Truth" for being factually inaccurate. Gore is rumoured to be up for the Peace Prize.

1 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for Doris Lessing! Her writing is amazing. "Memoirs of a Survivor" is really a crazy read. I didn't know she was still alive, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home