Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Blogging early tonight: Bogged down on Blogs!

The quote above will stay the same tonight; not much reading (at least in SES).
Uneventful day, with aforementioned discussion,website work and mired in tabs (12 on my Firefox). Tomorrow's blog will be the first in Two Parts (!!) - a certain enjoyment comes over me when the actual process of writing is slowed down, or extended. Until then, enjoy your nights!

But first, a question: How are you defined? What limitations do you place on yourself? If I say I'm a man, what does that say about me? What qualities distinguish me from women? If I say I'm 22 years old, how are 22-year-olds different than other people of different ages? If I say I like Peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches, how am I also distinguishing myself from non-PB&J people?

Secondly (OK, I lied), how does my culture define me? Will I let my culture say "You're a man, so you should act this way"? Will I let my culture say "You are 22, so you must act this way"? I'm sure you get the point.

//End of Post//

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home