Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Monday, May 08, 2006

It's been awhile, Dear Friends (Personal)

With the turning in of my final assignment, and my EWE music, I now feel like I have the opportunity to truly sit down and blog. As always, I must offer sincere thanks for your unending patience. Since I'm evidently never done (with future finances, and library fines), y time is certainly not complete; just more open.

And with this openness, what should I invest my time in but reading? While waiting for my Boli the other day, I walked around the bookstore next door; found nothing inside, but walking past the entrance display, feasted my eyes on "Sex, Ecology, Spirituality: The Spirit of Evolution" by Ken Wilber. A title like that will catch the eye, of course. Secondly, the books length (over 800 pages) - since I won't have classes for awhile, and job prospects with a BM certainly seem low, why not devote myself to a book?

After purchasing it, I read the introduction: evidently the first of three volumes on everything. That would explain the length (and incomplete nature of the future volumes)

SES (as it's called on the 'net) deals primarily with evolution; specifically, the interconectdness evolution exhibits between inorganic (physiosphere), organic (biosphere), and social/psychological (noosphere) fields. He describes everything (literally, everything) as a collection of holons (materials and/or processes that are simultaneously whole (i.e. containing parts), and parts of a larger whole). Holons within holons. For example, cells are whole entities made up of various distinct parts, but they also act with other cells to create tissue and organs; the latter likewise exist as their own entity, but also function with other organs in organ systems; then humans, then social environments, etc. I would write more about this (and I'm sure I will), but I am only on Chapter 2.

For your benefit:


//End of Post//

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home