Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Monday, May 14, 2007

Back to Blogging

My 8000 words finished and handed in at 2:30 Friday afternoon, I can safely resume my standard daily routines. Of course, now I have the impending degree recital, lecture recital, and composition portfolio on my mind, as well as house-hunting, job-hunting, financial finagling, and all other items of craziness existing around me (how is it that I get two modeling gigs the same week as all my papers are due?!?!), There's parent's preparation, money to be paid, money to be received, journals to analyze, and e-mails, e-mails, e-mails! and to think I'm still only a student.

My first assignment to my readers (presumably, if you've gotten this far, you'd wall into this category), is to read this: "You Are What You Grow" Michael Pollan's most recent article in the New York Times Magazine. Considering how important food is for us (and as Americans, how much we eat!) you would think bills such as the farm bill would hang a bit higher in the media (Note: Ironic laughter); the fact that people can't equate issues such as farm subsidies and illegal immigration may be sensible, but Pollan certainly sets the argument for it.

If you're all good and eat your vegetables, then I'll write about Eurovision...

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

Well, I'll be sure to eat my greens because I feel the Eurovision word must be spread! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home