Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

If Money Doesn't Grow On Trees, I'll Assume it's a Vegetable (Self I, ii)

With the bicycle sapping me of $5, I thought it would be good to address finances in general this week (and month). Added onto this is $50+ for a cap and gown, and other misc. expenses (I suppose food might fall in this category), all at a time when I was gearing up to kick down my credit card debt.

To add to the spacy-ness of finances, my ALP course discussed taxes today. I went in confidently (I've taken calculus, discrete math, etc. Shouldn't be a problem), but my head was realing after about 5 min. Eaahhh!

Add again the work I must do for school loans. I'm quickly learning about this responsibility thing. England doesn't have Teaching Assistantships, but they do have Bursaries; essentially work study, but much less work (and consequently, much less money); I would be expected to pull about 20 hours a semester (contrast this with a student work visa, where I can work 20 hours a week); essentially 2 1/2 full days of work a year, or 1 1/2 weeks of 9-5. However, in order to apply for a bursary, I must show my current/potential financial status for next year. This means Student Loans! Wonderful. I love paperwork.

//End of Post//

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home