Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Friday, April 07, 2006

LotW (iv)

As I previewed to Daria, this week's Link is Bag News Notes. I've commonly seen this site advertised on the sideline of other blogs, such as Hullabaloo and TPM, but had failed to sufficiently check it out until recently. The blog takes a different stance on political events and the media, by focusing on Images instead of dialogue. For this reason it has sometimes been thought of as a "light" (lite) blog, with visual interpretation being being considered more a casual social discussion rather than intense political discourse. I may have even agreed with this for awhile, until I saw this post. In a continually faster social environment, where people process information in smaller and smaller bytes, initial impressions and visceral reactions become more important to discern and resolve.

Oh, and they won Best Post in this year's Koufax Awards for Katrina Aftermath: And Then I Saw These.

//End of Post//

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home