Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What do we return with?

Piaget:

Finally, as the child becomes conscious of his subjectivity, he rids himself of his egocentricity.

Luke 15, 31-2:

'My son, you are here with me always; everything I have is yours. But now we must celebrate and rejoice, because your brother was dead and has come to life again; he was lost and has been found.'"

From an Amazon review of James Kunstler’s “The Long Emergency”:

He speaks of "going back to the land"

---

In the process of packing, my "memory box" has now been placed in a shoebox. What is in it? Just a bunch of programs, photos, papers, and the like. It's very concrete: I can look at it, open it up, and pull out memories.

But my memories aren't exclusive to this box; everything I see, everything I touch has a history. And although I find myself phasing in and out of what may be considered a proper conception of space, I know this too, will hold memories.

Semisonic:

Closing time - time for you to go out, go out into the world.
Closing time - turn the lights up over every boy and every girl.
Closing time - one last call for alcohol, so finish your whiskey or beer.
Closing time - you don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

//End of Post//

1 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful thoughts and writing. I am amazed that you can put four years of college into a SHOEBOX!!! Your feet aren't even that big! Of course, you always did like to travel light. Anonymom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home