Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

After a "casual" night out with the teacher and euphoniumists (as well as three other friends), I awoke at 4:50 (for no apparant reason), and had the opportunity to experience the power going out. Not due to a storm, or some external force, but because I let my electricity box run out!! I struggled around in the dark, looking for a £1 coin, finally finding my change, but no coin of said value. I went back to bed, this time waking at 6. I intended on having my usual leisurely breakfast, lights or no lights.

I made it to school about 7:30, expecting my warm-up class at 8 (in addition to the 1 hour lesson, 4 hours of studio class, there are also 2 hours/week of breathing, warming-up, etc.). at 7:55, I checked my phone, to find out class was canceled, as well as my lesson.

That was the morning.
-----
Since then, I have done some basic organizing (schedules, filling in my diary, etc.), as well as have the first introductory meeting for my composition lessons. The teacher (Larry Goves) has broken the 40 hours teaching into group and individual sessions (as is expected); other than instruction, we're left to our own devices. We're encouraged to attend lectures, competitions, etc., but school-organized performance opportunites are rare (although we're guarenteed a chance to hear our work in early June). It seems to work well - along with my other classes, I'm pretty much self-taught until next September.

Until then, I need to go home and turn the electricity back on...

//End of Post//

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home