Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Monday, December 11, 2006

Standing in the River

Michaela left yesterday, at about 4 AM. I stayed up during the night to make sure she wouldn't miss the bus, letting myself sleep in until a very late time (I'm going to keep it private, but it rhymes with tune). During her stay, she saw two games, and a couple warm-ups. Plus, her photo collection of all the star players is complete, as well as the signatures on her jersey.

As well as Michaela, we also had Louie, a friend of Sarah's. He was here auditioning (after hitting the rounds in London). We went to see the Black Dyke Band Saturday evening, which was a treat. She show was essentially Christmas tunes, something that shouldn't be surprising this time of year. The band sounded awesome (no shock coming from the "greatest brass band in the world"), and the soloists, which included Brett Baker and David Thornton, sounded wonderful as well.

Friday evening was the North Cheshire Concert Band performance. Everything went well, and it was pleasing to play for a sold-out crowd (of course, remember it was in a smallish church, but it looks nice on paper). Once again, standard Christmas tunes...and The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Afterwards, it was the requisite trip to the pub, where I discovered I had left my wallet in my other pants (trousers). Luckily, as I was hired instead of a member, it was assumed someone would buy me a drink.

As the week progresses, I find myself on par for the end of the term. I have my standard classes, lessons, etc., etc., to be concluded Friday at 3. Then the real workout begins!

//End of Post//

1 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee. Trowsers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home