Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Friday, April 06, 2007

Back Home (?)

In as much as this is my temporary place of permanent residence (as possibly a permanent place of temporary residence), I'm home. I got back earlier this week (Wed. Morning, about 12:30 was when I was officially out of customs and on UK soil), and am extremely grateful to Catherine and her Mum for picking me up at such a god-awful time; then for having to wait OVER AN HOUR until I got out of the queue; then allowing me to "explode" at the airline having lost my luggage; then at heading BACK to Luton after the airport called and said someone else had picked it up and brought it back; then, finally, driving for hours on end back to their home in Cheshire. We got in at 4:30. Phew!

Anyway, as it is break, I need to take the time to catch up on past posts. Perhaps I'll list these at the side so you can keep tabs on me and make sure I don't forget anything. But, of course, I need to also:

1) Practice. 3 recitals in two months
2) Compose
3) Academic Work
4) Find Professional Work for next year (Sep.)
5) Find an apartment (nothing gaudy, a 1 bedroom near Manchester for under £400 a month)

All this in 2 weeks? No problem!

1 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your idea of "explode" and my interpretation of it are somewhat different - you seemed to be extremely calm and level-headed, given the circumstances! It was more than a pleasure to pick you up...I mean, what else would I be doing at 4.30 on a Wednesday morning!?! ;-) ANY TIME!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home