Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Monday, December 18, 2006

This is ridiculous

I normally keep away from beliefs of fate and karma, usually because of the implications it would have on me. In any event of fate, I usually envisage myself getting the short end of the stick (not that I do; I certainly am truly grateful for everything life has given me, and do count myself blessed, and quite fortunate), but I have to simply say the past day has ended on a high note.

Before we reach that tessitura, let me run you through the earlier events of the day:
1. I didn't really sleep, by which I mean I slept 1 hour, and it was the scariest I ever slept (fear of missing the bus).
2. Walked to bus, 3:45 AM
3. Get on bus, 4:10 AM
4. Arrive at airport, check-in, plane takes off:6:30
5. Plane arrives in Bergamo (near Milan), Italy 10:00 (Continental time)
6. Get on bus headed to Milan:10:30
7. Get off bus at Milan train station:12ish(?)
8. Get EUrail pass validated, get ticket for Nice.
9. FIND FOOD!!! Try to speak Italien and have waiter speak in English (thank goodness!)
10. Head back to train station, get on train headed for Nizza (Nice?):3:10
11. Eventaully come to conclusion that Nice is Nizza, and train ride is really long.
12. Arrive at Nice (as the French call it):8:20
13. Take ANOTHER bus (third one today - and that's not counting the shuttle from the plane to the luggage claim):8:40
14. Arrive at Place Saint Maurice. Call hostel, who are obliged to pick me up.
15. Arrive at hostel Saint Villa

This is where it becomes interesting. I was originally supposed to have a bed in a room with something like 20-30 people in it (I don't think I'm exagerrating that much). Unfrotunately, that room us all full, so they need to give me a much nicer room for the same price.

BUT WAIT!!!

There was yet ANOTHER problem with the booking: I was only charged 1/2 price (for some reason or another). Once again, they are obliged to honor the web price.

So in summary: I have an amazing room. which overlooks the city, with no one else, for a ridiculously cheap price!

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home