Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Monday, January 15, 2007

LotW

This week:

eat the seasons (or eat the seasons if you're in Britain)

I don't need to tell you how much of an enviro-nut tree-hugger hippie I am (which appears to be the emphasis of LotW's this month), so obviously anything that reduces food transport is a good thing (for us, for the food, for the environmnt,the farmer, etc., etc.). I recall an article last year that said 1/3 of all fossil fuels in agribusiness were used in transport (with the other 1/3's going to growth and misc. respectively).

The site allows you to search the seasons by food or date (although it's based on week, so you my have to think for a second). It also provides valuable information cooking, and pleasant histories (not quite as intense as Michael Pollan, but it's just a website).

//End of Post//

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home