Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Good Night and Good Luck - RAISE HELL!!

We've Lost a Good One:

Molly Ivins

My introduction to Ms. Ivins came after my senior year in high school. Finally able to read what I actually wanted, I had a surfeit of non-Fiction at my side (of course, with the occasional Moby Dick or East of Eden), which lasted for the next five or so years (really only broken by Pamuk and Murakami). In this event, though, the book was Shrub: The Short but Happy Political Life of George W. Bush. I was astounded; Ivins's wit and knowledge far surpassed my expectations (especially for a book I randomly picked up at Borders)

I read her columns throughout college, and found them to be just as insightful. I found her continual reference to "how they do things in Texas" appealing, and helped clear the air of many misgivings I may have felt.

In closing, I provide two links: A collection of her columns on AlterNet, and what I consider to be her greatest column, Some Kind of Manly.

//End of Post//

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home