Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Lack of Posts

I check blogs every day; sometimes I go "harrumph" (it's quite embarrassing in a public setting) when I've encountered people too busy with their real lives to philosophize over cyberspace...sigh. Then I realize I've done exactly that!!! My sincere apologies. Part of the observation comes after reading Pollan's "A Place of My Own" where he builds a house to work in. After being a writer/editor all his life, he feels the need to break away and create something physically "real". Similarly, after spending time online, I find the urge to break into the real world important too.

Anyway, the other reason for the hiatus is, as always, time. More practice, work and composing. On top of that, I see now that, come Saturday, I will have had 5 performances in the period of 9 days (!!). Most were small, with myself contributing less than 20 minutes or so, but of course you have the stress, preparation, et. al. that keeps you busy at times like that.

//End of Post//

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home