Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Week In Review

Tuesday Evening Euphonium Party: The theme was "Food from around the world". I made pasties (ah, not ae), of course originally a Cornish food, but common in Michigan as well (although Aaron was unfamiliar with them; go figure!) due to immigrants from Cornwall who came to work in the UP (moving from tin to copper). Maybe next time I'll bring Coney's.

[Pasties, by the way, are quite easy to make]

Wednesday: Made it to warm-up class (with a new emphasis on scales, which the undergrads will be tested on in a month or so). Finally got a Railcard for British Rails, allowing me to save up to 1/3 on most tickets (and it pays for itself on one cross-country trip). Sadly, though, I lost my hat on the way home, and the rail pass doesn't cover my ears...sigh...I liked that hat.

I also took part in the 1st of 5 guided workshops (meaning I'm guiding them) on composition fo high schoolers. More on this in a later post...

Today: Windy as all get out!! BBC has reported 80 mph winds, and has shown footage of tree-destroyed cars, sheet metal blowing about, and all general chaos. BBC has also reported 7 deaths, which doesn't surprise me, as I've seen shingle bits strewn across the street. I've tried to stay in and practice, although a little cabin fever has crept in (allowing me to venture out and tell the tale)

I guess this isn't the ENTIRE week, unless you want to include Friday as the weekend (like schools that incorporate 6-8 or 7-9 grades as their Junior Highs). But it will be in the next post.

//End of Post//

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Blogger OhMyTrill said...

my school district was strange and had (1-4)(5-6)(7-8)(9)(10-12)...

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Cody said...

Dude, you've blown my mind!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home