Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween

I need to write this quickly, so I can jump in the queue and get a practice room.

Yes they do celebrate it here, and people get dressed up. Because I live in primarily student area, I didn't see to many trick-or-treaters, but there were many college students at the JCR. There were the basic assortment of scary masks, light make-up work done (usually as kittens), red pitchforks and tails; the most frequent dress I hadn't seen in the US was Alex de Large, from A Clockwork Orange.

My costume got quite a few compliments. I must profess, it was difficult visualizing/executing the role of a "salad", especially the helmet fashioned from a head of cabbage. Although it went over well (until about midnight, when food was beginning to tire), I don't think it was as successful as last year's "That which is between Jesus and a pirate". Although inspiration for next year's costume arrived en route to the party (Sound Effects Man!), I'll let the idea ferment, and see if I get wine or vinegar. You just can't prepare this early.

They had ghoulish rock music playing, while on the TV's we caught the end of Ghosbusters, then most of Battle Royale. It wasn't nearly as bloody as I expected, which made me question about it being banned in the US; however, I suppose context would be sufficient.

Sarah went as Frozen, and Julie went as Burnt. I'm not sure how they're costumes were received, but pending after-party questions, I would imagine pretty well.

//End of Post//

1 Comments:

At 1:40 AM, Blogger OhMyTrill said...

Hello! We are playing the Cosma Euphonium Concerto in orchestra right now...I thought you should know.

How are you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home