Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Monday, July 31, 2006

Rising Tide

Since I have alluded (lightly) to the recent loss of teeth, I feel I should clarify (actually, it is only for the benefit of you, the readers, that I am clarifying. Feel free to pat yourselves on the back)..allow me to elaborate:

I visited an old stomping ground of my brother's this night: the Atlas. With my employment in the Flint area, and housing readily available from my parents, I tend to spend the majority of my time at home. This can be okay; I have mountains of work to finish before my sojourn across the ocean, so the opportunity to do it without worry of bed nor food is extremely beneficial; however, sometimes I need to GET OUT!!! And the coffee shops close at 8 (oh, the humanity!).

The Atlas, however, is a 24-hour coney island (somewhat of a regional greasy spoon). I was able to enjoy a never ending cup of coffee while I changed my Sonata for Euphonium and Piano to Sonata for Unaccompanied Euphonium. I also ordered mozzarella sticks (Eastmanites will know the obsession). However, with each bite, I was reminded that solid food was still just beyond my grasp; yes, it was difficult to eat a mushy plate of cheese with the added tension of lost wisdom teeth.

For the second time in my life, I had more useless artifacts from my ancestors removed, showing that if we were indeed created in God's image, he certainly added some parts that weren't needed; and I've never considered wisdom teeth aesthetic accessories.

So, sorry, no gang fight, only an hour in an OS office and a week of pain. The joy.

//End of Post//

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home