Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Sarah Visit

Ah, it is truly (one of) the greatest pleasures to meet up with a friend. Daria had described it as odd when I visited in London last year (like early surrealism), but I find it refreshing to gain a new perspective on an old friendship.

Basel is amazing. In less than 2 days, I was able to see Sarah's school (which looks like it has much more character than RNCM - no offense!), the Christmas market, which seems a bit more genuine than Manchester's (it is a little larger, although their food tents aren't as big), an "Irish" pub (sorry Sarah, but I do need to put in the quotes), the Rhine, little Basel, numerous art projects (including a fountain conceived of a set of small Rube Goldberg machines), to name just a few of the many sights to see.

It was so wonderful to catch up, and hypothesize over lost contacts, the quiet, and the sufferers of the "Eastman virus". It's also reassuring to see our feelings regarding studying in a drastically new area are similar.

And I also got to experience a Nespresso!

Sarah, thanks for a great visit!

//End of Post//

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home