Unieuph

Universalist, Euphoniumist

"I guess I'm just attracted to talent"
-Gretchen Snedeker (d. 2008)

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

La luna es muerta

Not much to report today - just a bath for my horn, harder food for me, a little bit of singing, and some writing.

An observation, though: I was sitting in my house, looking at outside as the heat slowly tortured my grass, leaving it destitute and possibly dead. I felt removed from the scene; I could watch but not touch (for those who remember my Rochester Winters, think about how I act in the summer). Perhaps the landscape created a mythical atmosphere as I sat in the prison of my house.

Until the evening; with the cooling air, I made the trip into the yard, so I could enjoy a natural breeze and look at the flowers in the garden. The mythic fog, evaporated by the procession into and of the cool, helped regain my sense of place. I was freed, although I didn't venture far, as the night guard, looming over the horizon, came to replace the heat. I returned inside.

//End of Post//

3 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger The Jedi Family of Blogs said...

Cody,
Thanks for resuming the blogging! Please don't forget to update us when you cross over the Atlantic to new adventures! :)

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent writing, Cody. So glad you've started updating again!

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out next month. I am sure I will understand your pain very soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home